Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Choosing my blog platform!


As mentioned in my previous blog post, today I’ll talk about choosing my blog platform. One of my friends read my previous blog post ‘choosing my niche’ and said that people do not want to read this kind of boring stuff. They want to read something interesting and informative, and something that they can relate to. I agreed with him and said not to worry as I’ll be soon changing tracks. I have just started up and before I gain momentum, I’m getting things ready. The blog posts I’m making now is to help people gain knowledge regarding starting up their own blog and how to choose their niche and a platform. This is to help them if they ever want to start blogging.

Everything needs a platform: blogging is no exception. If we want to showcase anything then we need a platform to highlight it. After I finalized my decision of starting up my blog and choosing my niche (Believe me! It wasn’t easy), the next challenge for me to face was choosing a blog platform. There is a multitude of blog platforms available but I shortlisted only three of them: Tumblr, WordPress and Blogspot. I was badly stuck with this for a couple of days. I asked few people regarding this and I finally decided that I’ll go with Blogspot.

The reason why I chose Blogspot… Suspense! Ha! Nothing really of a suspense but I’m just having a storytelling feeling. So I thought I’d use it here to hone it and entertain you a bit. :) I’ll come to it but before that I’d like to talk about the importance of choosing a good blog platform.

A good blog platform determines the success of a blog. When a blogger hosts his/her blog in a blog platform in a less famous blog provider then chances are low that he will gain required exposure. Now if a famous person hosts his/her blog in a less common blog host then that is a different thing. The blog will be popularized due to his name and fame, and not due to the blog platform’s popularity. Usually, when a regular person hosts his/her blog in a popular blog platform then it gets a higher ranking as compared to other blogs of lesser known blog platforms. The reason behind this is its high ranking in search engines. Typically, search engines give more preference to popular blog platforms’ blogs while indexing it together with some other factors.

The strong reason why I chose Blogspot is that it is owned by Google. I am hopeful that Google would give more preference to my blog because I’m using its service. Nothing of a suspense, you see! :D Another reason is that it is easy to use as compared to many other blog platforms. Till the very last moment I considered using WordPress but then I stuck with Blogspot. I didn’t give much importance to Tumblr simply because it doesn’t sound good, although it is a very popular one. 

Okay, I’m not going to be too technical in here and bore any of you, my blog readers. If you want to know more then you are free to contact me. I’d love to elaborate so that you understand about the way it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers, excuse!